Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Stupid celebrities

I happened to catch a bit on E! television or whatever the Hell channel 64 is. Something about Hollywood Oops. I probably would have bypassed except they were talking about Ed Furlong and mentioned that he had an incident in "rural" Kentucky. Then they said it was in Florence. I don't expect these people to get a clue, but surely they could find a damn map. Florence is like 10 miles from Cincinnati. But that's not the stupid part. Apparently, a drunk Furlong went to Meijer and was freeing the lobsters. Actually, I've been drunk, so freeing the lobsters isn't the really stupid. It's the fact that he allegedly said lobsters are people too. And on the show, a PETA spokesperson said his freeing the lobsters was a good thing. Now, where the Hell was he going to put them. From the sound of it, he was letting them loose in the store. I don't think lobsters do well out of water for very long. That's probably why they keep them in tanks.

On a musical note, I just read where Wal-Mart has made Willie Nelson change the cover of his latest reggae album from pot leaves to a palm tree. I was very surprised. Not that Nelson would put pot on an album cover or that Wal-Mart wouldn't sell an album with a pot leaf on it. I just couldn't believe that Willie Nelson recorded a reggae album. And for the record, regardless of title of this posting, I don't think Willie is stupid. Except when it comes to taxes.

No comments: