Sunday, April 09, 2006

More Odds & Ends

I might have been more interested in baseball's opening day, but it was baseball and I had a nap to take.

Hindsight being 20/20, I sure am glad I never had to go to summer camp.

Or went to the john at this Denny's.

I don't know if anyone is really following the Hollywood PI case surrounding Anthony Pellicano, but I just stumbled across the most tragic story of them all. Director John McTiernan is being charged for having Pellicano wiretap a business partner. Sadly, the business partner wasn't from movies like Die Hard or The Hunt For The Red October. It was for the Rollerball remake. He could be going to jail for a bomb that could charitably be called a "Chris Klein vehicle".

Don't go to this site. It can be addictive.

This is a big ass rabbit.

If you ever wondered why Johnny can't read, it could be caused by the fact that many of the people running our education system have the common sense of an eggplant.

Am I the only one who thinks a whole lot of NFL players will become involved in holistic medicine if Ricky Williams wins his drug suspension appeal?

When I tell you I really like a horse, don't let Jon Connor talk you out of it.

They Said it:
I'm not going to get too far into the Duke lacrosse scandal until more info is known, although I'm surprised how quickly there was an assumption of guilt in the case. However, there was one quote from this article that confounded me. It was about 100 students who met the Duke president to discuss (harangue) the situation with him. Someone actually bragged "That students got up at 8:30 in the morning shows you the level of concern". Nothing says commitment to social justice like waking up well after most people have gone to work.

After a fight on Saturday night, Don King actually said "For the integrity of the sport, that has to be a disqualification" when discussing a melee that broke out. Normally, when the words "Don King", "boxing" and "integrity" are used in the same sentence, you find the word "lack".

I really shouldn't be surprised that our education system is being run by people like that guy in Indianapolis. After all, it starts at the universities. This story is from England, but there are similar stories in the states. A professor actually said that the London subway bombings that killed over 50 people weren't "terrorism", but a form of "demonstration". Not only that, but calling it terrorism does nothing but "demonise" those who boarded a civilian transport with strap on bombs in an effort to kill as many people as possible. To think I was wasting my sympathy on those who were murdered. I wish someone would go to his office and administer one of those low blows from the boxing story to him. Don't think of it as an "act of violence". Think of it as demonstration against his gross stupidity.

No comments: