Thursday, March 30, 2006

Odds & Ends

I thought the story about a charity executive embezzling money to, among other things, hire a professional dominatrix was strange enough. Yet, I think the more important question is why did he fly from New York to Ohio to see her? Not speaking from personal experience of course, but I certainly would have thought New York would be an easier to find paid perversions than Ohio. Well, except maybe Cincinnati. Nothing but freaks up there.

Speaking of perversions, I'm not sure the oddest part of this story about a couple microwaving a dildo to heat up a urine sample. Whoever is doing the testing must be pretty thorough if the woman felt the need for a fake organ. Of course, didn't she realize a woman whipping out a wang might lead to more questions?

To begin with, I'm not really sure that either JJ Redick or Adam Morrison is really the best college player in the country. Sure they score a lot, but do they really do anything else well? I certainly don't think they should be a lock over Randy Foye or Brandon Roy. Yet, what is really ludicrous is even trying to compare those two to Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. Anyone who thinks these two bozos are even remotely close to those two legends needs to see a doctor about some head-from-anus surgery.

Another story from the "What were you thinking?" file. A Spanish "artist" has converted a German Synagogue into a gas chamber, and apparently doesn't understand why some people might find it slightly offensive.

Of course, cluelessness is running amok in this country. I'm not just talking about teachers purchasing academic credentials. I'm talking about a school board member who is "baffled" at why the teachers were fired. I guess she thinks someone committing academic fraud would be the perfect role model for students who might be inclined to cheat.

Then there is Sharon Stone. Not to question the intellect of a Hollywood celebrity, but she surprised even me when she said Hillary Clinton was "too sexy to win" the Presidency. I can give a lot of reasons why I wouldn't vote for Hillary, but that certainly isn't one of them. Husband Bill must not think she's too sexy when you consider the "bimbo eruptions" that cropped up during his career.

Speaking of Sharon Stone, I saw a preview for her new movie Basic Instinct 2. It looks exactly like Basic Instinct 1. Of course, I'm sure I will eventually watch it, but a part of me is hoping that she used a body double at this stage of her career.

I'm usually not from the isolationist wing of the Republican Party, and I have no problem with a well managed immigration program. However, when you start waving the Mexican flag during a protest of American policy, my only response is "If you don't like it, GET THE HELL OUT".

2 comments:

B$ said...

You generally come up with the strangest data items for your blog, but they are so damn entertaining!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.