Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Random News & Notes

Well, let's start with our old buddy Michael Vick. One of his co-defendants in the dog fighting case has entered a guilty plea and will likely roll over on Vick. The coffin is nailed about halfway shut on this case. I think the funniest part is that it's considered big news that Vick was the one who bankrolled the operation. Wow. What investigative journalism. This is why I laugh at Vick's defenders who seemed to think it wouldn't be surprising that Vick knew nothing. Come on. The co-defendants are old buddies from his childhood where he grew up pretty poor. This operation had a large piece of property, big new house, lots of kennels and a bunch of dogs that can run over a grand a piece. Who would more likely have been able to fund such an expensive endeavor? Some local thug or someone who just signed an NFL contract?

I bashed John Edwards last week, so I'll bash one of his opponents this week. No, not a Republican. Barak Obama shored up his left wing base by railing against gun violence (and focused more on the guns than on the people engaging in violence because no violent act has ever been done without the aid of a gun). He also stated "There's a reason they go out and shoot each other, because they don't love themselves. And the reason they don't love themselves is because we are not loving them enough." Ah, governing through inane pop psychology.

Hey, I will bash a Republican as my old nemesis Ted Stevens got his house raided in a corruption probe into whether a contractor paid for the renovation of the house. Frankly I was shocked. Based on his past history of trying to use the Federal government to pay for anything and everything in Alaska, I half expected to see a budget earmark entered to pay for this. I hope they throw his worthless, money grubbing ass out.

An 11 year old was busted in Alabama for driving to pick up her sister. While drunk. Crying damned shame how kids today just can't hold their liquor. Or remember to bring enough money for a cab.

Of course, handcuffing kids throughout the house is probably not the answer. Maybe.

Interesting story about a cat in a Rhode Island nursing home. Apparently, the people there believe the cat can predict the oncoming death of a patient by hanging around that person right before they kick off. I think they are overlooking the real story here. That cat isn't predicting death. That cat is killing people by sucking the life out of them. Where is the outrage? This cat is a serial killer and they still let it hang around elderly people. And why hasn't a family member done anything about this? If I was visiting a relative there and this killer cat showed up, I would strangle it.

I've always said I didn't want a yard because I would have to mow it, but I've since discovered an excuse to have a yard and not mow it myself.

In international news, Iran has condemned two journalists to death for apparently being journalists or Kurds or some trumped up reason. The story says such happenings are rare in Iran. That's probably true to an extent. After all, they usually administer extra-judicial means to take care of such pesky journalists.

Funny story here. ABC News had a bunch of its employees searching nudie websites looking for pictures of an intern who allegedly posed for Playboy. The funny part is they were spending a lot of time looking for her. Either their investigative journalism just isn't cutting it or a lot of "research" was needed. Surprisingly, it might really be the first option because the source still didn't know who the girl was.

Or maybe they were just trying to figure out who grabbed Tim McGraw's junk.

Let me get this little invention straight. It's an umbrella that lights up if the news says it's going to rain in the next 12 hours? Those are really precise. It would do me a lot of good when I leave it in the car.

Even though I'm not Russian, count me in.

After seeing her picture, count me out. And someone explain to me why they felt the need to take the press photo (apparently) nude.

I didn't realize caddying was such a cut throat business, but one in the Canadian Open apparently just couldn't hack it, so he got replaced by a 69 year old guy from the gallery.

He should think God that he wasn't dealing cars in Atlanta where a guy shot two employees for asking for a raise. I'm glad he didn't overreact and fire them. Think of the paperwork.

No comments: