Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Random Thoughts

I read where an American Indian tribe wants to build a 70 foot walkway that will jut out over the Grand Canyon. It will also have a glass bottom. I want throw up just thinking about it.

Apparently, Gretchen Wilson was asked not to pull out a can of Skoal while singing a song called Skoal Ring. The attorney general of Tennessee apparently thinks it would be a tobacco ad forbidden by the tobacco settlement. Singing the song isn't considered a tobacco ad, but showing a can of Skoal is? I think either would be stupid, so therefore I think AG Paul Summers is stupid.

I heard on one of the local radio stations that the Rolling Stones were "better than ever" at their first show of the new tour in Boston. Frankly, I don't believe. While I'm certainly aware that playing concerts at their age is impressive, I can't believe the show was better than when they were in their prime.

It's been reported that John Allen Muhammad, one of the DC area snipers from a couple of years ago, is on a hunger strike. Where's the drawback to that?

The UN has offered Zimbabwe $30 million in assistance to help all the poor people that he kicked out of shantytowns. Zimbabwe's "President", Robert Mugabe, is refusing because he doesn't want to look "needy". Do you think Bono still believes African poverty is the result of rich nations not giving enough?

I was flipping through the channels the other day, and the movie that was on ABC Family in the late afternoon was Cruel Intentions. I guess that's a family film if by family film you mean a movie about a guy who wants to bugger his step-sister.

No comments: