Monday, January 01, 2007

Flying To Miami

I really don't mind flying, except the takeoff and landing. Actually, the only takeoffs and landings that bother me are when they are in the cropdusters that fly out of Lexington. The part I don't like about flying is the hassle. My flight out of Lexington was delayed about a half hour which had me worried about catching my connection in Chicago. That didn't become a problem because I'm sitting in O'Hare Airport because my flight out of here has been delayed two hours. At least. It means I'm going to miss the night before party in downtown Miami which pisses me off. Actually, I've been pissed off since the person in front of me on the cropduster out of Lexington had their cat with them. Apparently, some cats don't like flying that much, so they yammer the entire flight. Loudly.

Being the small world that it is (at least in Lexington), one of the fellow passengers on my flight was a Tates Creek graduate who replied when asked "yes, I know Jon Connor". In fact, they are MySpace friends. Yes, I was on a plane with the Dancing Fat Guy. Who was still drunk from the night before. And the drinks he had at the Bourbon Bar in Lexington's airport. Probably a good thing the flight was only an hour long.

1 comment:

Sherman said...

Unfortunately, the big maintenance problem was a plane wreck, and the latent homosexual airline steward decided to hide in the lavatory for quite some time. It was probably a good idea since the angry biker chick was on the verge of a nicotine fit. So, the chance of getting booze was small. Still, I thought the captain could have stopped at Cinnabon while he was inside trying to explain how the plane was driven into the ramp.